Resona Group at a Glance
The Resona Group has a strong customer base in the Tokyo metropolitan area and the Kansai area, where economic activity and population are concentrated. We leverage our branch network, which is the largest in Japan, and full-line trust and real estate capabilities to provide optimized solutions to more customers.
As of April 1, 2021
Kansai Mirai Financial Group has started in earnest as a holding company that owns three banks, including Kansai Urban Banking Corporation and Minato Bank, which were welcomed in April 2018, and Kinki Osaka Bank, which has been in the Resona Group for some time.
In April 2019, Kansai Urban Banking Corporation and Kinki Osaka Bank were merged to form Kansai Mirai Bank. In these ways, the Resona Group is working to maximize Group synergies.
On April 1, 2021, Resona Holdings made Kansai Mirai Financial Group a 100% subsidiary to further strengthen the management capabilities of the Group as a whole.
Resona Group Network
As of March 31, 2021
As of May 26, 2021
The Resona Group focuses on retail loans. Loans to individuals and SMEs account for about 85% of its loan portfolio.
(As of March 31, 2020)
Interest margin comparison*1
With few generally low-yield loans to large corporations, the Resona Group is able to garner relatively higher yields and appropriately control credit risk by dispersing loans with a portfolio of small loans.
Consolidated cost to income ratio comparison*3
Rolling out its wealth of know-how accumulated in the course of operational reforms, the Resona Group is striving to help all Group banks, including KMFG, accelerate digitalization and pursue low-cost operations.
Consolidated fee income ratio comparison
As KMFG boasts substantial growth potential in terms of fee income, we will proactively market Resona’s products and services targeting KMFG customers.
Loan and deposit market share*7
The Resona Group has a strong customer base in the Tokyo metropolitan area and the Kansai area, where economic activity and population are concentrated. Loan and deposit market share is particularly strong in Saitama Prefecture, where it exceeds 40%, and the addition of the Kansai Mirai Financial Group has increased the Resona Group’s presence in Osaka, Hyogo and Shiga prefectures.
(As of March 31, 2020)
- *1Total of group banks
- *2Resona: Total of Group banks (Resona Bank + Saitama Resona Bank + Kansai Mirai Bank + Minato Bank); 3 megabank groups: MUFG Bank + Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking; Mizuho Bank + Mizuho Trust & Banking; Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation and SMBC Trust Bank; Top 10 regional banking groups: Fukuoka FG, Concordia FG, Mebuki FG, Chiba Bank, Hokuhoku FG, Shizuoka Bank, Nishi-Nippon FH, Yamaguchi FG, Hachijuni Bank and Kyushu FG. Figures are based on financial statements from each company.
- *3Consolidated cost to income ratio = Operating expenses / Gross operating profit
- *4RB: Resona Bank, SR: Saitama Resona Bank, KMFG: Kansai Mirai Financial Group
- *5Resona Holdings
- *6MUFG, SMFG, and Mizuho FG
- *7Total of Group banks. Market share based on deposits, loans and bills discounted by prefecture (domestic banks licensed by BOJ).