Issuance of the Resona Group’s CSR Policy
The Resona Group defines “CSR Management” as “contributing to the creation of a sustainable society.” To further strengthen the development of its CSR activities, the Group has issued its “Group CSR Policy in August 2011 based on ISO26000.” In addition, the Group sets objectives for its CSR activities each year and is working to strengthen its CSR promotion systems with the aim of creating an organization that can respond to a wide range of social issues as quickly as possible.
The Group cherishes “relationships with customers,” “relationships with shareholders,” “ties with society,” and “employees’ dignity and personality.” To win the support of all its stakeholders, the Resona Group makes use of its management resources to conduct various CSR-related activities.
Group CSR Promotion System
To substantially strengthen and improve the Resona Group’s CSR activities, which are one of our most-important business issues and increasingly demanded by society, we have formed “the Group CSR Committee,” which meets periodically.
The Group CSR Committee is chaired by the president of Resona Holdings, and its members include the presidents of all other Group banks. CSR activities are conducted through this committee using a variety of the Group’s management resources.
Participation in Global Initiatives
UN Global Compact
- 1.We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- 2.We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- 3.We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- 4.We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- 5.We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- 6.We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.